Current Marsa Alam water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

full fin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, anyone know what the current water temperature in the Marsa Alam area is (Coraya Beach to be exact)?

I'll be diving next week and am hoping its worthwhile to bring my comfortable shorty...

Anybody know any water temps for mid to southern egypt?

Some non-local websites quote 29C as the current temp, but I think they may be inaccurate, especially given the historic norms are so much lower.

Was there about a week ago on a live aboard trip. Temps were consistently 30-31 from Marsa Alam and southwards. Hurghada area was 28.

Great thanks. Interesting that Hurghada is several degrees colder though is only a little bit north of Marsa Alam.

Is there somewhere that we can check current water temps around Sharm El Sheikh as well? If any of you know, that would be helpful, thanks. :)

I just got back yesterday from marsa alam and the water in the coraya bay was 31C, but def was a bit cooler outsie of the bay, prob 29-30C.

Came back day before yesterday after a 11 day stay and water temp has been 29,3 to 30,9 half a mile out at Utopia Harbour the water was 30,9° C.

I will be diving Marsa Alam the first week in December. What is the recommendation for an environmental suit? Some of my group were thinking of bringing dry suits. I was hoping a full 3 mm suit would be fine with booties and a light hood just in case. However, it has to be warmer than Canada. I was diving in British Columbia last week and the water temp was 45F.

Also are they using DIN values?
Thanks,
Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom