Broken piece on second stage - options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisa_j

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I've broken the exhaust shield/cover off of my GS2000 second stage. It can't be replaced since the tabs on the regulator broke off and there's nothing for the shield to attach to anymore.
Is there a replacement piece that I can purchase? Or do I have to purchase a new second stage? Is it even possible to buy only a second stage?

Thanks!
Lisa

There is little sacred about a second stage. I've mix matched 1st stages and second stages for years and so do most of my diving friends. I was looking at ebay the other day for "scuba regulators" and found someone listing about 8 second stages, all very inexpensive. If you buy a brand name 2nd, part kits are available or ask your LDS if he can rebuild it (if you buy it) and how much. Best to test it in shallow water or a pool before making a major dive. I've done this and after 10 years they are still working fine! Good luck.

Lisa,

You can order just the housing for the GS2000 second stage. It is item # G5248 and any authorized dealer can order it for you.
Team Genesis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom