Bio-Pro sizing question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDXFactory

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some sizing advice on a pair of Bio-Pro C's. My normal shoe size is a 10.5 or an 11, and that's the crossover point for the large to XL/LL size. I'm hoping to be able to use the fins with both my 3mm relatively thin sole warm water boots, and dry suit boots as well. Do you think the Large is the way to go, or should I think about going XL?

I know this has been asked before, but in searching the archives I didn't quite find the answer I was looking for. I know the Bio's strap lengths have changed as well and thought that might affect the answer.

Side question - how long do the white fins stay white?

Thanks!

PDXFACTORY:

I have a 10.5 shoe size and take a size 11 in athletic shoes. I use a 5mm neoprene hard soled boot and I can use either the large or XL size. The foot pocket length on both sizes is about the same.

The XL fin has a wider foot pocket and is, normally, better for thicker dry suit boots. With a 3mm thin warm water boot it could be a bit loose. All that being said, from a distance, I would recommend large. If you have the opportunity it is best to personally try them on with your boots of choice.

The White bio-fins stay very white if kept out of direct sunlight, contact with rubber hoses etc. and chlorine. The white models are very high visibility even @ depth.
We offer Blue, International Orange, Pink, White, and Yellow models.

All the best,
mdb

Hi mdb,

Thanks for the reply! I've called around and haven't had much luck finding a dealer who has them in stock nearby, but I'll keep checking. Sounds like we have pretty much the same foot size. I'll probably just go for the large, and hope for the best...

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom