Hollis 16W LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, since you have one, I have a question. :D

I just got one and the LED and handle look slightly different than other pictures I'm seeing.

I see the difference in the blue dots around the LED and the holes in the handles. Do know why there's this difference?

Here's the one I have:
hollisled.jpg

Hi, since you have one, I have a question. :D

I just got one and the LED and handle look slightly different than other pictures I'm seeing.

I see the difference in the blue dots around the LED and the holes in the handles. Do know why there's this difference?

Here's the one I have:
hollisled.jpg

Mine looks exactly like your PIC. Maybe the others are a prototype or yet to be released model

Thanks for confirming cavemn!

Congrats on the light, enjoy it!

I'm going to test mine out tomorrow during the day since I can't wait until a night dive :wink:

Got the battery charged up with a steady 12.5v output on the meter showing and I'm testing the longevity in the sink right now.

I just bought one as well but it was last years model supposedly before the prices rose, and it has the 3 dots like yours.

From the pictures online you'd think its a mass produced delrin can, but upon close inspection you realize the thought and care that went into producing it. You quickly realize there is no forming or seams, and can tell the different feed rates buy running you fingernail over the surfaces as the top surfacing you can't see without magnification; I fell in love with it.

I'm not sure how they got the battery plug in there with the seal between it and the recessed inner o-ring, or how exactly how the light piece is assembled for that matter as it looks like it was miracled in one piece as well, but I guess its a light-monkey secret.

Here's the steps I used:

-Remove the latches and open the battery canister :wink:
-Use a o-ring tool or something similar to pull the o-ring out -it doesn't require much effort, then you can pull the rest out with fingers
-Use a flathead to pop off the little round puck in the middle.
-Stick a finger in and pull while wiggling - This is the hardest part just because you need to be patient and just pull and wiggle. When you get it out, you'll see the battery soldered to the connectors.
-Leave it dangling to the side and pull out the next O-ring
-Pull out the battery cells - I just pulled on the wires

To put it back in, just reverse the procedure.

From the bottom of the canister to the first O-ring you have about 6 inches and the diameter is about 2.25" so the above linked battery should fit, but I'd remeasure your own to be sure. There's still a lot of room in there and you can probably even make your own pack if you know what you're doing, like some of the guys in the light forum.

You can see the battery here (mighty big canister for such a small battery pack):
hollisbatt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom