Hollis 200Bar manifold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Does the 200Bar manifold have "200bar" stamped on it??

What is its rated service pressure?

We have dive shops that will not fill over 200bar if thats whats on the manifold but normal fills are between 210 and 220bar here.

Another couple of questions:

Is the burst disc recessed and protected or exposed?

What pressure is the burst disc rated to?

Hi,

Does the 200Bar manifold have "200bar" stamped on it??

What is its rated service pressure?

We have dive shops that will not fill over 200bar if thats whats on the manifold but normal fills are between 210 and 220bar here.

Hi BB1,

Thanks for your post. Both the 200 and 300 BAR versions are each respectively stamped which also includes a laser etched date it was produced (year/quarter).

Rated service pressure is on the 200BAR version is 3200psi, and 4500psi on the 300BAR version.

Thanks,

Thanks for the heads up Nick.

I had a fill (not a hot fill) of 220bar last time out which is 3200psi so right on the limit.

Is this an issue for me??

Another couple of questions:

Is the burst disc recessed and protected or exposed?

What pressure is the burst disc rated to?

Burst disc is exposed on our manifolds while on our standard K single tank valves the burst disc is recessed into the valve. On our convertible single tank valves, the burst disc is again exposed on the rear of the valve.

The burst discs are not rated with a single setting - there is both a service pressure and rupture pressure; and this changes with BAR rating. Service pressure on a 200BAR yoke or DIN valve is 3200psi while the rupture pressure is 3600psi. On a 300BAR DIN valve the service pressure is 4500psi while the rupture pressure is 5000psi.

This changes again when considering aluminum or steel tanks. :D

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Jeez now I'm confused!

So am I reading this right like this:

200bar manifold (not using yoke adapter) with Din Regs has a 4500psi service pressure and 5000psi rupture pressure???

Or are thise figures for the 300bar manifold?

FWIW I use DIN regs only

Jeez now I'm confused!

So am I reading this right like this:

200bar manifold (not using yoke adapter) with Din Regs has a 4500psi service pressure and 5000psi rupture pressure???

Or are thise figures for the 300bar manifold?

FWIW I use DIN regs only

I modified my original post a bit to help make sense of the topic. Our 200 BAR valves, Yoke & DIN, are rated for the lower service pressure of 3200psi and rupture pressure of 3600psi. Moving up to a 300BAR DIN valve you will see the 4500psi service and 5000psi rupture pressure ratings.

Hope that helps.

Hi Nick,

Thanks a lot for the clarification! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom