M1 mask fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaErgoSum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am currently diving a mini shadow and wonder what the size/fit difference is between that and the M1? I am looking to get my prescription bonded into a mask and the extra clear glass on the M1 seems like a good idea. Also as there is a an Oceanic dealer on the Island so do you know if they will be able to order Hollis eqpt?

Cheers in advance mate

I am currently diving a mini shadow and wonder what the size/fit difference is between that and the M1? I am looking to get my prescription bonded into a mask and the extra clear glass on the M1 seems like a good idea. Also as there is a an Oceanic dealer on the Island so do you know if they will be able to order Hollis eqpt?

Cheers in advance mate

Thanks for the questions. Since you are currently using the mini-shadow the skirt on the M1 will fit a bit larger, however you wont know how it will fit your face until you try it on. So far we have managed to fit both shadow and mini shadow users with good success.

We currently do not have any Hollis dealers on Isle of Man but to locate the nearest Hollis dealer please visit our dealer locator here: Where To Buy Hollis Gear. This will also have a list of online dealers as well.

Best Regards,

Cheers Nick

I will order one online and see how I go.

My girlfriend who normally dives the smaller sized Atomic Aquatics frameless mask found my M1 Onyx too wide. I have a medium sized face & wear a size 7 hat - not exactly a large head. I own several masks from Scubapro and Cressi and dive the M1 almost exclusively. It fits really well without leaking, and the glass is very clear, probably the best I've come across in my limited experience. The skirt is very supple and comfortable after long dives.

Last edited:
After going through a few masks that did not fit very well, I have been diving with the mini-shadow for nearly 2 years and was really happy with the fit. Recently I started using the M1 to replace the mini. The M1 fits very similar but a bit wider; the mask has truly excellent field of view and is very easy to clear. I was confident enough in it, after an initial test, to use it during a technical course and was very happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom