212 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDXFactory

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

Just a quick question for y'all at Hollis. Do the latest 212 second stages have a swivel, or has this been discontinued now?

I recently purchased a 212/DC2 setup through one of your distributors and there was a little mix up in the shipment. We're still sorting out a few things, but I was surprised to receive a 212 with a swivel. It didn't look like the photos I've seen of the older 212 either...this one has a boot fully covering the swivel section that is screwed directly into the second stage. I assume alternative hoses will not attach directly to this regulator? How is the reliability/durability of the swivel? Does it need any special maintenence? I didn't see anything about it in the owners manual...

I feel like I got a good deal on the package regardless, but just want to make sure I know what I'm working with.

Thanks much!
PDX

Ah...a follow up to my own question. I kept looking for '212', but what I have is listed on your site as the DC2.1. Not sure how I missed that before!

Hello,

Just a quick question for y'all at Hollis. Do the latest 212 second stages have a swivel, or has this been discontinued now?

I recently purchased a 212/DC2 setup through one of your distributors and there was a little mix up in the shipment. We're still sorting out a few things, but I was surprised to receive a 212 with a swivel. It didn't look like the photos I've seen of the older 212 either...this one has a boot fully covering the swivel section that is screwed directly into the second stage. I assume alternative hoses will not attach directly to this regulator? How is the reliability/durability of the swivel? Does it need any special maintenence? I didn't see anything about it in the owners manual...

I feel like I got a good deal on the package regardless, but just want to make sure I know what I'm working with.

Thanks much!
PDX

Hi PDX,

Yes, the DC2.1 is a new addition to the Hollis regulator lineup, and is the only model which comes standard with a built in comfort swivel - although otherwise identical to the DC2 model.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom