Pensacola Area Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning a dive trip to the Pensacola area with a couple of buddies. The target is second week of November. We would like to dive Vortex/Morrison, maybe Troy and more importantly....the Oriskany. We are flying in from a considerable distance and have never been in this area of Fla before. We would appreciate SB assistance in helping us plan our trip and pick a good dive operator. .

What charters have you experienced firsthand and which would you recommend? Why?

What are the chances that we will be able to get on a dive boat already planning a trip to O mid week? Weekend?

Some of the operators with web sites make statements like "4 to 10 divers minimum".:idk:

Not sure what that means exactly but I'm guessing that at this time of year, getting enough divers to make a trip to the O worthwhile could be challenging.
Your knowledge of the area and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

I would check out this thread first: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/198536-all-inclusive-oriskany-thread.html

I think many of us on here summarize things this way: If you want a larger boat, you can't go wrong with H20 Below. All Inclusive Oriskany information posted below:

H20 Below is a 36' Newton dive boat that is capable of bring large groups of divers to the Oriskany from Pensacola. Great boat and great crew, expect hot dogs on the way back in, they get bragged on quite a bit. MBT Divers does most of its Oriskany charters through this boat, but you can also charter directly. More information can be found at their website Charter Boat H2O Below**** Pensacola Florida Captain Doug and DM Marcie both post on ScubaBoard on occassion. Hopefully they'll chime in shortly.

But if you want a smaller, faster boat that might be more flexible with the number of people and dates for the trip, you can't go wrong with Dr. Dive:

Dr. Dive runs another center console catermaran 6 Pack out of the Pensacola area that will get you onsite quickly. His website is Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany I believe he posts on ScubaBoard as Dr Dive and hopefully he'll find his way to this thread. You can charter directly or through Dive Pros in Pensacola, FL.

I have been on both boats and they are both Great operations. Let us know if we can help in a more specific way.

I'm planning a dive trip to the Pensacola area with a couple of buddies. The target is second week of November. We would like to dive Vortex/Morrison, maybe Troy and more importantly....the Oriskany. We are flying in from a considerable distance and have never been in this area of Fla before. We would appreciate SB assistance in helping us plan our trip and pick a good dive operator. .

What charters have you experienced firsthand and which would you recommend? Why?

What are the chances that we will be able to get on a dive boat already planning a trip to O mid week? Weekend?

Some of the operators with web sites make statements like "4 to 10 divers minimum".:idk:

Not sure what that means exactly but I'm guessing that at this time of year, getting enough divers to make a trip to the O worthwhile could be challenging.
Your knowledge of the area and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Pinto,
Dr Dive is available the 12th & 13th. Nothing is scheduled yet, but we are available, depending on your final schedule. Check the available trips at www.drdive.com/Calendar.htm
GlenFWB,
Many thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you aboard soon.
Capt. Jim Meyers
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

Douglas (H2O Below) and Jim (Dr Dive) both run great operations.

Capt. Dalton Kennedy is running again as well with his new 6-pack Glacier Bay Cat-(850) 565-7247

Myself and a friend have booked an Oriskany dive with H2O below for Monday Oct 25. As of now we are the only 2 booked. The min number that he will take out is 4. If 2 more don't book the same day, our trip will be cancelled. If that fits your schedule, we sure could use 2 more divers to make sure that the trip happens.

I would check out this thread first: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/198536-all-inclusive-oriskany-thread.html

I think many of us on here summarize things this way: If you want a larger boat, you can't go wrong with H20 Below. All Inclusive Oriskany information posted below:

H20 Below is a 36' Newton dive boat that is capable of bring large groups of divers to the Oriskany from Pensacola. Great boat and great crew, expect hot dogs on the way back in, they get bragged on quite a bit. MBT Divers does most of its Oriskany charters through this boat, but you can also charter directly. More information can be found at their website Charter Boat H2O Below**** Pensacola Florida Captain Doug and DM Marcie both post on ScubaBoard on occassion. Hopefully they'll chime in shortly.

But if you want a smaller, faster boat that might be more flexible with the number of people and dates for the trip, you can't go wrong with Dr. Dive:

Dr. Dive runs another center console catermaran 6 Pack out of the Pensacola area that will get you onsite quickly. His website is Dr Dive Pensacola, FL - Home of the USS Oriskany I believe he posts on ScubaBoard as Dr Dive and hopefully he'll find his way to this thread. You can charter directly or through Dive Pros in Pensacola, FL.

I have been on both boats and they are both Great operations. Let us know if we can help in a more specific way.

+1 for everything GlenFWB said. These two operators are top notch and will treat you right.

Pinto,
Dr Dive is available the 12th & 13th. Nothing is scheduled yet, but we are available, depending on your final schedule. Check the available trips at www.drdive.com/Calendar.htm
GlenFWB,
Many thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you aboard soon.
Capt. Jim Meyers
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com
Thanks. I'll be in touch shortly. Looks like there will be (4) of us in total.

Myself and a friend have booked an Oriskany dive with H2O below for Monday Oct 25. As of now we are the only 2 booked. The min number that he will take out is 4. If 2 more don't book the same day, our trip will be cancelled. If that fits your schedule, we sure could use 2 more divers to make sure that the trip happens.
Ky Bob- Would love to join but work schedule has forced us to mid November. We are flying in from New England and already have secured our reservations. If you end up rescheduling and can join us in Novemeber we would love the company.

we're looking for a couple more divers (or more) to join us on h20 below on sunday afternoon oct 17th for a two tank dive nearshore. late afternoon, then a night dive.

just call capt doug and tell him you'd like to join on that trip.

skip

Thanks. We really apprecIate the offer but our travel plans are locked in for November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom