New World Record Endurance Dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
Anyone hear about this? A guy stayed down about 105 hours in lake Keowee (below Jocassee in SC) this week breaking the previous record of around 70 hours. Just learned about this today from Bill Routh at Off The Wall Charters who supplied the tanks for the dive. I've haven't heard much about it so far, but we went diving up there today and got a free t-shirt from it...

This sounds like something that SeaJay here on SB was planning....

But I am probably confused...

105 hours (just over four days) underwater in one continuous period of time....

not for me... :)

Not to mention that he did it in a lake, and Lake Keowee at that. My Gawd we dived the Pump House once and the vis was about 10 feet at best, it was like doing a night dive during the day it was so dark. I can't immagine what he did for 4 days in a lake with that kind of vis. He's a better man then I am. LOL

Scott

Hi Jamiei,
Thanks for your help in getting this information out. I have posted a more detailed accounting of the dive that Jack Stanton did. We are in the process of getting all the information together on paper now and documenting all the details. This truely was an experience that I would never miss. More information should become available over the next month or so on the operation.

Back
Top Bottom