Stolen Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This was just posted on Facebook, Unreal but it happens, If anyone hears anything could you please contact me or our store.:shakehead:

Dolphin scuba center of Sacramento
916-929-8188

Dolphin Scuba Center Hey, everyone! A man ran into our store about 1:30 this afternoon, grabbed a Typhoon Men's Small/Medium drysuit off the rack and ran outside with it. If anyone hears of a private party trying to sell a drysuit in the next couple of days, please let us know!!!!!!

Maybe he didn't have a d/s cert card and they wouldnt rent him one? :D

Seriously, that sucks. I hope they find him and/or recover the suit.

Sorry! I thought that one was mine, I had dropped it off a week prior to have it dry cleaned. I was in a bit of a hurry because the boat was pulling out of the dock in like 5 minutes and it was a 6 minute drive.

I was wondering why it fit a bit tighter than I remembered but I was glad they were able to get that stain out from when I saw that Great White.

Jim, any chance they had a security camera system?

Also, any other local stores that may have had someone in them trying on suits recently? If he grabbed a specific size, maybe it was for personal use and he might have tried one on somewhere at some point.

If you have a security cam system I'd check out whoever was looking at those dry suits earlier that day or the day before. Sounds like he had scouted it out and knew what he wanted and exactly where it would be.

Jim, any chance they had a security camera system?

Also, any other local stores that may have had someone in them trying on suits recently? If he grabbed a specific size, maybe it was for personal use and he might have tried one on somewhere at some point.

Yes, we do have cameras, and his face is as clear as a bell on the video, so we will see where that leads, I to was thinking that he likely scouted this out as he knew what size to grab, warning and checking with the other stores I didn't think of, that is a great point , Thanks guy's

Okay , Okay, I will get pictures tomorrow, LOL, Great idea!!

Especially since if he has any sense he is not from the area and pulled this stunt off outside his home town or state. But then again, crooks often don't have any sense.

Back
Top Bottom