Anyone diving Monterey Saturday, Oct 16?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric gundrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This Saturday my buddy and I plan to christen my kayak with its first dive experience. We'll be diving somewhere off Del Monte beach. If others are around that day, maybe we could share a beer and stories later in the day. :drunks:

We don't yet have a plan other than get wet without dumping the gear. I dove Del Monte a few years ago and found a wreck in 34' of water; we might try to find that again. Then there's the ever elusive sail boat wreck. And, I want to spend some time visiting the shale beds. So much to see, so little time. At least I finally get a day in the water. :glad:

Another option is to launch at Breakwater and use the ramp on the north side. More divers to talk to between dives plus more dive opportunities heading north. If you do go to Del Monte, see if you can use Monterey Bay Kayak's wheels. When I bought my kayak there, they said that I could always use them plus wash my boat (the hose has since been removed).
The kayak will allow access to many more dive sites.

Ben

We be @ south monastery..

Another option is to launch at Breakwater and use the ramp on the north side. More divers to talk to between dives plus more dive opportunities heading north.

That's an interesting idea. I think we were hoping to avoid distracting all the classes with our antics getting in and out of the boat. And Del Monte is so shallow we could almost stand. :wink:

But we should consider BW.

If you do go to Del Monte, see if you can use Monterey Bay Kayak's wheels. When I bought my kayak there, they said that I could always use them plus wash my boat (the hose has since been removed).

I had forgotten about that. My kayak came from MBK, so I'm sure they'd let me use their stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom