Dahab Dive shop + dives advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheekydollar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend will be staying in Dahab for a week at the end of November, and we were wondering if anyone could advise on a good dive shop and suggest some dive sites.

So - we have done our Padi Open Water in Mexico (plus 2 extra dives - santa maria wall) - which was about 2 years ago now, and unfortunately have not dived since (due to holiday injuries!). So we are both a little nervours about getting straight back into it, and if possible would like some kind of refresher before we get back in the water!

Can anyone suggest a good dive shop in Dahab that will look after us, and anyoen suggest some good dive sites in the area.

We are staying at the Iberotel Dahayab.

Cheers in advance!

Your hotel has its own on site dive centre, it is Subaqua-divecenter.com . I have been diving at Dahab last month with Orca Dive Club at the nearby Happy Life Village. We did all the dives in the immediate vicinity of the base and I posted a review on Subadviser.com with pictures. Follow this link Scuba Diving Reviews | Orca Dive Club, Dahab | Red Sea | Dive Center Reviews | Scubadviser

The dive sites we did was: The Caves, Moray Gardens, Golden Blocks, Umm El Sid and The 3 Pools. Here is a link to the dive sites, it is in German , go to the right of the page in orange and click on the names for a visiual description http://www.seamore-travel.de/tauchplatz/tauchplatz-dahab.html

Last edited:
Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend will be staying in Dahab for a week at the end of November, and we were wondering if anyone could advise on a good dive shop and suggest some dive sites.

So - we have done our Padi Open Water in Mexico (plus 2 extra dives - santa maria wall) - which was about 2 years ago now, and unfortunately have not dived since (due to holiday injuries!). So we are both a little nervours about getting straight back into it, and if possible would like some kind of refresher before we get back in the water!

Can anyone suggest a good dive shop in Dahab that will look after us, and anyoen suggest some good dive sites in the area.

We are staying at the Iberotel Dahayab.

Cheers in advance!

I have always used Reef2000 when I've been in Dahab, they're friendly and professional, and will pick you up from your hotel. Given you two year break they will expect you to do a scuba review at least, usually at the Lighthouse where there is a shallow sandy bottom. The signature Dahab dives are the Blue Hole and the Canyon but as you are OW they will be too deep @ 30m. Lots of other nice dives shallower than 18m though, I like the Islands, Eel Garden and Um Sid.

I'll be going beginning of November, and planning on diving with Desert Divers and also Ras Abugalum, that I heard is a nice camel ride to the site.
I´ll post more after the trip.

Hi all,

Many thanks for all of your replies. I have contacted a few dive centres mentioned, and will see what they have to say! How deep are you allowed to dive after doing the PADI OW course officially? We were actually taken on a 25ish metre dive in mexico after completing our OW which I guess is technically against the rules.

18 meters and my impression is that most Egyptian dive shops would be quite strict about enforcing this. Consider getting your AOW done, it's not that hard, really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom