Augusta GA diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a quick post about Augusta GA diving conditions. the lake (Lake Thrumond aka Clarks Hill) is still warm with good vis 10' most places except for a layer around 50'. Below 80' we have 15'* The 100' wall is particularly nice right now. There was 15' vis on the plane and ski boat also. We did two dives today (62 min dive time, max depth 100' and 52 min DT with depth of 97').

The river (Savannah River) laos has great conditions right now as we have been weeks without rain. Vis is 10' + with water temp in the upper 60's. Had a nice 95 min dive last Sunday.

Two more great dives today at East Dam. Vis shallow (surface to 49') is good - plane, ski boat, rocks have great vis. There is a layer of lower vis 49-60' then it opens up again. Both the 80' and 100' walls are clear. Two nice hour long dives today. Temps are nice too - 72 on surface and only 65 at 100'. Not much of a thermocline. We are diving at 1p tomorrow for two dives.

Thanks for the updates. I need to be in Columbia tomorrow after lunch, so diving is out. I really need to join you for a lake or river dive some weekend. Ron is probably done servicing my reg set (I dropped it off about 2 weeks ago) so I should be ready to go as long as the water is not too cold. I have a 3/2 suit - is that what you are using still, or have you added a hooded vest or gone to a thicker suit? Thanks!

Best get in a dive soon as the lake usually does it's flip in early-mid nov. (lower vis). We dive 7mm year round, with hood and gloves. Yes, 72-65 degrees can be dove in a 3/2, but that equates to short bottom times and an uncomfortable time.
I will be at the pumpkin carving that Neptune is sponsoring next Sunday @ noon. Some of us are diving earlier that morning prior to this. Send a PM if interested.

Thanks! Sunday's are not the best day, but let me check with my wife and see if I can get a day off!

Our usual routine is Sat at 9:30a and sun at 1p (as we are doing tomorrow). But we are changing it up a bit for next weekend due to the underwater pumpkin carving.

Thanks again. I'll be at the Aiken Steeplechase Saturday. What time are you thinking about for Sunday? (Before the carving - I'll probably freeze if I do 2 dives!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom