Key West / DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diving Key West from Nov 3rd to Nov 9th. Any DIR / GUE trained divers in that area. Might need a buddy a day or two that my wife does not dive. Subtropic has al80 doubles for rent but has anyone used this op?

Home | Subtropic

Last edited:
I'll dive with you Jim. Just let me take these savings and spend it on a plane ticket...oh shoot that went to the drysuit :)

Have a great trip bud.

I'll dive with you Jim. Just let me take these savings and spend it on a plane ticket...oh shoot that went to the drysuit :)

Have a great trip bud.

I could stuff you in one of my bags? You also have to get a avatar picture up soon.

Avatar problem solved. I'm a size small according to DUI, but I don't fold up as well as a drysuit....

Diving Key West from Nov 3rd to Nov 9th. Any DIR / GUE trained divers in that area. Might need a buddy a day or two that my wife does not dive. Subtropic has al80 doubles for rent but has anyone used this op?

Home | Subtropic

Call Southpoint Divers and ask for Andrew Solomon. Andrew is certified fundies and was working toward instructor. I am not sure if Andrew is still in the Keys though. It's been two years since I talked to him.

You could also call Silent World.

Subtropic is a great dive shop with a great reputation. They call it Hogarthian, and don't get too wrapped up in labels. If you are dying for steel 95's doubled, I'll arrange to get them to Jack for you. Or any other steels, for that matter.

Subtropic is a great dive shop with a great reputation. They call it Hogarthian, and don't get too wrapped up in labels. If you are dying for steel 95's doubled, I'll arrange to get them to Jack for you. Or any other steels, for that matter.

Thanks for the offer I really think that's great to offer your own gear. Got rid of my double steel 100's and never looked back after diving double 80's. :D

Call Southpoint Divers and ask for Andrew Solomon. Andrew is certified fundies and was working toward instructor. I am not sure if Andrew is still in the Keys though. It's been two years since I talked to him.

You could also call Silent World.

I used them a few years ago and they were my first contact. From our emails it seams they don't want to deal with anyone that has gas management skills. It's fine they are good op just not what I'm looking for.

I used them a few years ago and they were my first contact. From our emails it seams they don't want to deal with anyone that has gas management skills. It's fine they are good op just not what I'm looking for.

Huh. Good to know.

In response to your original post Subtropic is great and pumps gas to your specifications. Jack Opie is the manager and they are a first class operation, we use them often when we conduct training or run our tech trips in the southern Keys. And yes they have double 80's as well as stages for rental.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom