Thinking about Dm'ing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anfeust

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there!

I'm a new guy here, so I'd like to thank in advance anyone taking the time to reply.

So, here's my question: I'm an OW diver with 25+ dives logged (mostly in the red sea, persian gulf and danemark), and I'll be finishing my university degree this coming May... before looking for a job, I'd like to to take a summer off, and get certified all the way to DiveMaster... now, ideally, I'd rather do that somewhere warm (like thailand, vietnam or australia), and where I could work for the dive center during/after the certification (kind of like an internship).
I was wondering if any of you guys did a similar thing, and if you had a suggestion/experience with clubs in those areas.

Thanx a bunch for sharing the knowledge ! :)

-Anfeust

I knew a guy once who was a basic open water diver. He was travelling and while he was in Queensland, Australia, he worked for a dive shop there. They certified him all the way up to Divemaster from Open Water and all he had to do was work on their dive boat as a first mate for a month without pay to cover it. I don't know the name of the place that he did this at but I do know it can happen that way so there's some hope for you to do this. Good luck! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom