LED Lux

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicken197

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has Dive Rite discontinued the LED cannister lights? I was looking for a LED Lux and all the usual vendors are out. I checked the DR website and the LED 700 is the only LED light listed under products.

Hi Chicken,

Yes and no. We have discontinued the LED 700 Canister Light and the LED LUX Canister Light. We still have the LED 700 Flashlight and the HID 1000 Canister Light.

We are currently launching a new LED light, which was just announced to dealers on Monday. We're sending a sneak preview in our customer newsletter this week.

A couple of demo lights will be on hand at REACT for those of you who are in the neighborhood.

Otherwise, we'll have more news soon...
Thanks,
Kathleen

So, now that you've discontinued all the lights that I have, both 700 and Lux, what would it take to upgrade them both to the RX2?
Thanks

Hi Slim,

The LED module used in our former LED light series (LED 300, 500, 700, LUX) was discontinued and no longer available to us due to advancement in LED technology. We used this as an opportunity to develop the RX2, our next genre of LED lighting. Because these lights differ so greatly, there is not an upgrade, however we are offering a reduced price on a new light head.

Mike in service can help you with that at service@diverite.com. I've already sent him your post. Please note that we will continue to support the LED LUX and LED 700.

Thanks for asking,
Kathleen

Kathleen, I have a 10w mr11 hid head on one of my canister tops. Can this be upgraded? I have this as a back up for my 700 but would like to keep the 700 for a back up if I can upgrade the other top. Oops should have thoroughly read your post. Got the flu. Reduced price on lighthead. I will email Mike. thx

Deleted

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom