Diving around Halifax in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britishseapowerman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I will be in Halifax on business for and was wondering if it is possible to dive in the area in January? I am an experienced drysuit diver from Scotland although it has been a few years since my last drysuit dive. Also would there be any clubs or dive operators in the area who could take me out?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Grant

One option that I do not have first hand experience with (IIRC these are the group that was recommended to me years ago but am not sure).....

SHEARWATER SCUBA CLUB, Dive Halifax! - Windows Live

I will try to remember where I went to arrange my dives last time I dove out there. I was sent to another forum or site....but will have to see if I still have it. I wound up just booking with locals and diving.....

Your work is very impressive. It seems you know the sites as well as the local divers do. I would love to dive with you if you are ever back in Halifax. Polly Cove is one of the nicest dives around. It does look like the sea is high from the concrete foundation, but when you get there its not too back.

Ahmed Nassrat

Hi All,

I will be in Halifax on business for and was wondering if it is possible to dive in the area in January? I am an experienced drysuit diver from Scotland although it has been a few years since my last drysuit dive. Also would there be any clubs or dive operators in the area who could take me out?

Thanks for any help in advance,
Grant
Hi Grant, the group I dive with do alot of diving in the winter, mostly bottle diving and bottom scronging in the harbor. We dive from small inflatables and as long as there are no snow storms that close out the boat launchs then we will be going out and you are welcome to join us. If bottle diving isn't your thing then we could get you do a nice spot for pictures or just a dive.
Best to PM me and let me know your time schedual and if you will require any gear and we can make it happen.
I know it can be hard to set up dives when travelling on business so I will do what I can to get you fixed up.
ZDD

Back
Top Bottom