Need advice on Male (Maldives) Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eau_Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading to the Maldives in November for 2 weeks on a liveaboard. The rest of my group will fly out late on the Friday night so everyone can stay on the boat until the airport transfer.

I fly out the following morning. I've been told I can stay on the boat with the rest of the group and hang out until they go to the airport.

I know there is one hotel on the island of the airport (Hulhule Island Hotel). It runs close to US$300 per night.:shocked2: Given I'll be spending only a night there, and potentally less than 12 hours, I'm not over excited about shelling out that kind of money. I know I can get something cheaper in Male, but I don't know how easy it is to get to from Male to the airport the next morning. I've also got to figure out whether the liveaboard will get me to Male or only drop me at the airport.

Anyone have experience in getting around between Male and the airport island?

thank!

There are 3 hotels right on a corner one block from the airport ferry jetty in Male'. One is called the Kam Hotel, the other is Candies and I can't recall the name of the third. They should vary in rates a little with Candies being the cheapest and the one I can't remember (I will drive by there tomorrow and get the name) being the most expensive. Depending on how much luggage you have it would be an easy walk to this spot. There is also the Holiday Inn which is a cab ride away with any luggage. Cabs are cheap in Male'. 20 mvr (Maldivian rufyia) or $2.00 US to anywhere from anywhere. Expect about 5 mvr per bag to be charged.
The ferry to the airport is 20 mvr each way and runs regularly. It is about a 10 minute ride.

Jon,

Thanks so much for that. Sounds like staying in Male is easy enough so that's what I'll do. I'll look into the 3 hotels by the ferry port. I have seen OK rates for the Holiday Inn so sounds like I have a choice of things that will cost much less than the hotel right by the airport.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking into all of them and comparing prices and reviews.

I don't know where I saw the 'cheaper' Holiday Inn price before, but everything I find now puts them at the same price as Hulhule!

Can't wait for my first trip to the Maldives!

I stayed at Fresco Hotel. Great value, clean and comfortable hotel without paying through your nose. All transfers included when we booked through vermillion travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom