Atlas Quarry, Pointe-Verte NB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anassrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This post is a question for the NB divers out there. Anyone dived in the quarry at Atlas Park? I read some nice things about it the other day, but never heard of anyone who dived there personally. I saw a nice video on youtube.

They claim the water is crystal clear. How good is the normal viz? Also is there much to see of is it just a hole in the ground? Finally we are planning to head up from Halifax to check it out. How cold is the water temp there at this time of the year? I am a wetsuit diver, so will I need a drysuit?

Thanks for all the feedback!

Ahmed Nassrat

I have dove there a few times, and we have run some courses there. It may be closed this time of year though.. you should call ahead.

Here are some links with info and pics I have made;
http://nbdivers.wikispaces.com/Atlas+Park
Atlas Park, Pointe-Verte Photo Gallery by Connie Bishop at pbase.com
Ice Diving Atlas Park Photo Gallery by Connie Bishop at pbase.com

Visibility is excellent at shallow depths, but it does get murky at depth. I have some notes on temps with the pics for summer/winter.

Here is a link to contact info for Pointe-Verte;
www.Acadie-Bathurst.com - Village of Pointe-Verte

We expect to be there in March to do an ice diving course.. if you are interested in that and have a group, PM me.

Connie

Thanks Connie for the great info. I definitely might be interested and will contact you closer to then.

Ahmed Nassrat

Back
Top Bottom