HTS 2 rig - What I need to order?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSOTO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,
I'm thinking about buying a HTS 2 base rig, I want to be sure I order a complete rig.

1. I have on my list: HTS 2 harness, S-38 wing, QLR weight pocktes.

2. Do the HTS 2 comes with the tank cam bands or do I have to order them separetely?

3. I'm thinking of adding a SS hard backplate, so I reduce the weight I carry in the pockets. IS this possible with the HTS 2?

4. I read is not required, but can I combine the hard backplate with the new S38? Also thinking in the future in another wing for doubles, currently all I'm doing is single tank dives. Or is there another wing for dual purpose (single/duals) that I should consider?

Your feedback and recommendations are welcome.
Thanks, Saul

1) sounds good

2) unsure, I use a single piece of webbing, and did have to order them separately

3) yes, approximately 2 lbs for aluminum, 6 lbs for stainless

4) yes, the S series wings are designed to be use with a hard plate as well... there ~are~ wings that can be used either way, but typically neither are great at what they do...

are you sure you need a 38 lb bladder? I get by just fine with 25 lbs, even when purposely diving overweighted... a thick wetsuit, or the need for a lot of weight could require a 38 lb wing, but 25 works for most people out there...

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'm trying to decide between the Hollis HTS 2 and the Halcyon Infinity.

I think either would be an acceptable option... have you looked into something without as much "cushion" I, too, thought that the HTS would be the perfect BC, but found later that I was happier with the Elite, which is a straight harness with shoulder pads, basically...

FYI...I have a brand new never been wet HTS 2 that I might be persuaded to part with. I believe its a size large. Also have a brand new never wet X series Wing but its the 55 lb. If interested PM me and I can get you some info, pics, etc.

Gary

Gary, did you ever get rid of the HTS and also the wing? Might be interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom