Tomas aims for Windward Islands & Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Now expected to build power as he heads across the playground. From: Tropical Storm: Tracking Map : Weather Underground

maps should auto update

at201021_5day.gif

at201021_model.gif

gack

that storm looks like its going to ruin someone's day...

its already a large storm with a fair degree of circulation...

and haiti definitely doesn't need a storm that large hitting it while they're still trying to rebuild after the quake...

and haiti definitely doesn't need a storm that large hitting it while they're still trying to rebuild after the quake...
Have you read about the cholera outbreak this week? Flooding rains could actually help wash that to sea as it's been tracked to a specific creek. The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. Too early to know there of course.

Rainy in the Lesser As this weekend anyway, with a lot of potential to follow.

Have you read about the cholera outbreak this week? Flooding rains could actually help wash that to sea as it's been tracked to a specific creek. The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. Too early to know there of course.

Rainy in the Lesser As this weekend anyway, with a lot of potential to follow.

Yeah, a little rain from the bands might help, but it could be cat 3 or bigger heading to Haiti and the Cholera might be better...

Tomas already looks like a hurricane on the satellite imagery, only without an eyewall yet...

Only two names left for North Atlantic storms this year. Then what...?

If I was on Jamaica, I think I'd be confirming escape reservations for Wednesday...

220015W5_NL_sm.gif

Tropical Storm Force Wind Speed Probabilities - 120 Hours

220015.gif

I'm in the Dom Rep. I think the mountains will keep us safe from the wind. I expect to see a lot of rain for a few days.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 64
Damn! All the models show it turning north now. Just a question of where exactly. Looks really bad for Haiti, then on to the northern islands.

I just hope it moves out of here quickly. We have a 2 week trip (at sea) scheduled to start on the 8th of Nov.

I'm in the Dom Rep. I think the mountains will keep us safe from the wind. I expect to see a lot of rain for a few days.

Keep in mind that a couple of the models do zig it right over the Dom Rep...

If you're North side you wouldn't get the winds as it gets busted up going over the island, but typically the worst damage and injury comes from flooding, and you could certainly get that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom