Oriskany report 11/01/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveMD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The sea's today were incredibly calm with very little current.

Viz was 40-50' till you get to the top of the island, as you get below about 80' it' opens up to between 80-100' of viz. You could see the flight deck clearly from the top of the island. As we got down onto the flight deck and over the edge the viz continued to be in the 80'+ range. Several 20-30lb jacks were swarming around the boat and occasional some appearing in the 40lb range were spotted. We also saw a few silk sharks.

Water temps are about ~72

Currently the flight deck on the starboard side is ~150' next to the island.

Edit: Forgot to include the charter
It was with Capt Dalton of Due South Custom Charters, Highly recommend the guy, especially if you want to do any tech diving on the oriskany, he will do full tec charters and as long as you don't bring TOOOO much crap he will let tec guys fill in on rec charters(ie 2 tec dives on a 3 tank trip or 1 tec on a 2 tanker)

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. It's been too long since my last visit!

Yea I'll definitely be back soon. Given my current schedule though I will most likely be calling the night before when I have a day off solo diving filling in a single empty spot.

We are going out with dr dive this Sunday. It will just be a rec. trip but my first time on the "O".

Call capt. Jim and see. I think there was one open spot

Sorry paulwall,

All full up, but I will let you know if we get a cancellation.

Keeping fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for all the captains and trips.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com

We know it will be chilly but hopefully the weather will be in our favor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom