Signed up for Fundies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Assuming nothing goes wrong, it looks like I'll be taking Fundies in December. Thanks to everyone who goaded me towards this, especially kathydee. I'm sort of terrified for the class (mostly the equipment portions), but also super excited.

Just wanted to share :)

Congratulations! Upon class completion I am expecting a nice photo of you in horizontal trim to replace your current MS-13 avatar pic. :D

It's a wonderful course. Still probably the best money I've spent in diving. Where are you taking the class and who is teaching it?

San Francisco/Monterey with Rob Lee, Beto Nava and Susan Bird. I've tried to pressure some mates into taking it with me, but they aren't biting.

And Scott, don't you know that renouncing MS13 also places you in horizontal trim.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, it looks like I'll be taking Fundies in December. Thanks to everyone who goaded me towards this, especially kathydee. I'm sort of terrified for the class (mostly the equipment portions), but also super excited.

Congrats on signing up for the class!

You've got a great set of instructors to look forward to working with - super nice, extraordinarily helpful, and genuinely invested in helping everybody to get the most possible out of the course - no matter what their goals coming out of class might be.

I'm in the middle of mine at the moment (ocean is this weekend). So far it's been the single most painful, frustrating, enjoyable, rewarding, and (last but not least) fun thing that I think I've ever done. Contradiction, you say? Sure, but it's definitely one that's worth it. :D

Congrats!

Take a deep breath! Relax, have fun & get ready to learn as much as you can!! Zero need to be terrified. I think you'll be amazed at how much you are about to learn about scuba & how much your diving will improve by Christmas :)!

If you have any equipment questions, just PM your instructor's before taking class (rhlee is easy to reach here on the board). The instructors are quite friendly & quick to respond with very helpful advice :).

I think you will find GUE Fundies is the best and most informative scuba class you’ve ever had! Beto, Rob and Susan are all teaching?! IMHO you couldn’t have better instructors!

We were in the last Fundies class taught by this trio back in 2/10 - you might enjoy my class report.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dir/326408-gue-fundies-what-amazing-class.html

Congrats on signing up for the class!

You've got a great set of instructors to look forward to working with - super nice, extraordinarily helpful, and genuinely invested in helping everybody to get the most possible out of the course - no matter what their goals coming out of class might be.

I'm in the middle of mine at the moment (ocean is this weekend). So far it's been the single most painful, frustrating, enjoyable, rewarding, and (last but not least) fun thing that I think I've ever done. Contradiction, you say? Sure, but it's definitely one that's worth it. :D

Good luck with the rest of your class!!!

Prepare to be humbled! :D

It is nice to see so many people lately step up to some of the best bang for the buck training there is. As said above you have a great set of instructors that are extremely helpful and really on the ball. They watch over you with cat like eyes to keep you safe from yourself.

Enjoy, and I look forward to hearing how both you and Hepcats training goes :)

Back
Top Bottom