Ft.Pickens Dives Sat and Sun (11/6 and 11/7)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sontek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just got back to Pensacola and miss diving Ft.Pickens (Its been a few months since I've been out there!) and my dive buddy is now pregnant, so I'm looking for people to dive with!

I plan on getting in the water at 7:00am each day and will be doing 2 dives. I'm also up for doing night dives if anyone would like to, I'd want to be in the water by 8:30 on Saturday and by 8:00 on Sunday.

Sa 6 Low 8:11 AM -0.2 7:08 AM Rise 7:37 AM 0
6 High 9:25 PM 1.5 5:58 PM Set 6:14 PM

Su 7 Low 8:19 AM -0.2 6:08 AM Rise 7:43 AM 0
7 High 9:13 PM 1.5 4:57 PM Set 6:07 PM

Anyone have more detailed information on the new stuff someone found out there near the jeep frame? Last time I was there the pipe/culvert had been moved be the oil booms but I don't remember where I had found them, so any tips on where they are now as well would be nice.

I'm working on both days unfortunately.

It sounds like you're talking about the junk pile that WJefferies found while he, Denise, and I were out there. Once you're at the jeep frame, head due north. The pile is located at about 40' fsw. I forgot to record a distance, but I think it's somewhere around 40-50 feet out from the jeep. Not really sure what it is, but I know that we did find the head of a trolling motor laying amongst the stuff, and something like an I-beam sticking straight out of the pile.

I've come across the pipe a couple times recently, but I haven't recorded any info to use as directions yet. If I remember correctly, a couple of us ran a line north of the rocket launcher a couple months ago. Somewhere around 60' out, I looked about 6-8' to my left and saw a large (concrete?) pipe with lots of stuff growing on it. I don't know if that's the one you're looking for :confused:

Carl

Thanks for the info, I'll try to map some of it out by distance while i'm down there!

Do you know what time pickens opens now that they are actually locking the gate?

Hey, I may try the Sunday morning if you are still going. Also let me know about the Saturday night dive

I didn't get my nightowl pass today so I wont be doing the night dive tonight but i'll be there in the morning!

I've about completed a map of the site after about 5 recent visits. The "Juk Pile" is 63 feet at bearing 007* from the Jeep Frame.

I need to do one more dive at Ft. Pickens to finish the map. And then one dive afterward to verify all my distances and bearings and we'll have a new map of Ft. Pickens!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom