Old sherwood gear parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tallimo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Sherwood oasis from approx 1990. One of the plastic knobs on the console is broken. Is this available? Are pressure gauges all the same size. I can't use the compass without the knob. Everything else works. Do I own obsolete gear?

Welcome to the board.
Unless it's an oddball, most all of the console mounted compasses are pretty much the same size. You can just pop it out and replace it. I assume you mean the bezel is broken off the compass, you can use it without it, you just have to remember your heading.
Obsolete??? no, I still dive stuff from the 50's and 60's- 90's stuff isn't even broken in good yet. :)

Thanks, Herman! The piece I am referring to is a threaded shaft with two threaded ends and two plastic knobs that hold the compass to the console via two ears off of the bottom of the compass. One of those plastic knobs is broken. I was in hopes of some NOS somewhere.

I think you need a few post (5?) before you are allowed to post photos but as soon as you can, take some photos of what you need. There is a good chance some one either has one or can give you an alternative.

Tallimo,

We no longer offer parts for this older equipment. You can contact any authorized dealer about an upgrade to a new console. You can also follows Hermans suggestion of posting pictures and maybe someone has one that can help you with.

Herman, thanks for your help and suggestions.

Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Tallimo,

We no longer offer parts for this older equipment. You can contact any authorized dealer about an upgrade to a new console. You can also follows Hermans suggestion of posting pictures and maybe someone has one that can help you with.

Herman, thanks for your help and suggestions.

Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Happy to help.

Tallimo, do post a photo of the parts, I would bet we can come up with an alternative...

Back
Top Bottom