Diving st. andrews at night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tessunderwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple of buddy's and I were thinking about doing a night dive at St. Andrews on the gulf side of the jetty instead of going down the pass. We have not dove this sight at night before, does anyone have any insight into the best way to dive this area at night? Greatly appreciate any advice, the plan is to dive 11-13 about 2 to 3 hours before high tide, looks around 8 for high tide, anyone interested is welcome to come!

I'm not condoning or admitting to this behavior but if you would like access to dive without a camp site, the bar the blocks the entrance does not lock, you can just lift it up and drive in. :) Access to the park is $8 so you should leave it in an envelope at the Window or pay on your way out!

so do they go through the Jetty/beach parking lot at dusk and "round everyone up' and tell them "it's time to leave" ?

or could you just stay after dark w/o hassles?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but My wife and I may be in the area Dec 8-13 and would love to have someone join us on a dive if anyone is interested. We will be driving in from missouri. We are trying to put together a couple of places to stop and are open for suggestions. You can PM me if you like.

so do they go through the Jetty/beach parking lot at dusk and "round everyone up' and tell them "it's time to leave" ?

or could you just stay after dark w/o hassles?

. . . . That's kind of what I was getting at. Camping would be fun, though. We'd plan on staying the night anyway. Two-tanker at night followed by a 3 hr drive to Mobile? I'd rather go to Hoffbrau and stay the night :cheers:.

gbray,

I'm sure we can plan something while you guys are in the neighborhood!

Carl

You can also stay after hours if you have an annual pass.

And in regards to the question of whether they drive around at dusk, I have been "reminded" of the sunset closing by park rangers in state parks before. They may not do it every night, but they do round randomly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom