Any weekend predictions for Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I think Breakwater will be decent on sat and sun except for rain most likely on sun. and lack of sunshine that will make vis not as good...What about Monastary on Monday morning..Im thinking not great...anyone of you other weather bugs got a take on the weekend diving?

If Monterey is anything like it was today (Friday) it's going to be crappy. Surgy, less than 10ft vis with lots of particulate matter churned up in the water, and overcast. This was at Lover's Point.

Which lover's? 1, 2, or 3?

How far out/deep were you and what time?

BW didn't look too bad from the surface tonight. Low tide, a little swell but not much. Pretty calm and reports of 10-15ft vis.

Which lover's? 1, 2, or 3?

How far out/deep were you and what time?

What are Lover's Point 1, 2, and 3?

I was out directly from the cove, the southernmost part of Lover's. This was from 11 - 3PM, did two dives, at 34ft for one dive and 40ft for another, about 200 yards out.

The beach just north of the southernmost one had some really good waves. Would have thrown anyone around pretty good.

The beaches surrounding Lovers Point are unofficially numbered by the community, starting in the southernmost part of the cove and moving counterclockwise (when viewed on a map). Sounds like you entered at Lovers 1 and saw the large waves at Lovers 2; Lovers 3 is on the other side of the point and can be accessed via stairs located across the street from the Latitudes restaurant.

Last edited:
They lied. Vis was yuck!

:( Funny how these things change day to day.

Was pouring at BW this afternoon, couple of people kicking out through the rain, much flatter than Sat. Vis from the wall wasn't inspiring.

Still fighting a cold, so I stayed dry 'cept for a few raindrops.

I'm looking for next Sat and Sun for some awesome diving... Vassili and I are at Lobos on Sun and hopefully we will aslo dive on Sat... Waiting for a report...

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom