Anyone here build their own scooter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have built a scooter with a 28 lb thuster,has forward dive planes, rear rudder and mounted small compressed air cylinders for bouyancy. Great power, long life [12 volt sealed] but difficult bouyancy problems. I can't find a good dump valve ''off the shelf'' Any ideas? :idk:

I have built a scooter with a 28 lb thuster,has forward dive planes, rear rudder and mounted small compressed air cylinders for bouyancy. Great power, long life [12 volt sealed] but difficult bouyancy problems. I can't find a good dump valve ''off the shelf'' Any ideas? :idk:

Not sure I understand what the dump valve is for. do you have a variable volume lift like a wing or lift bag on it? If you used PVC pipe and have a fixed volume container you may be able to use a simple brass relief valve to dump air. Most have a set pressure, but pull ring on top to manualy dump. Check out the air compressor area of your local hardware store.

Other than that, descripbe what you are doing and I may have other ideas.

Attachments

• worthlessthreadwithoutpics4ny.gif
    worthlessthreadwithoutpics4ny.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 208

Sounds like a pretty big scooter? Not sure why it would have buoyancy issues unless there is a lot of free space in there? Almost sounds like a sub. since it has diving planes. As stated - picture is worth a 1k words.

X

Back
Top Bottom