hows divin today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
looks like rainy day sunday

looks like rainy day sunday

Today in breakwater was surgy, 5-10ft vis, lots of particulates, and lots of sea nettles. Lots of classes taking place too. Scuba instructors told me though that rain actually tends to clear up the water. It's the days before the rain that are low vis.

5ft heh :(

pool here i come

We dove metridium yesterday evening. My first impression when I looked down was, oh great nettles! The vis was poor, 4 to 6 feet. We did have an encounter with a harbor seal that didn't want to wait for me to get the camera ready. There was also a mola mola laying on the bottom. I wonder if it was done in by multiple nettle stings?
Anyway about the only positive thing was it served as good compass practice on the swim back in.
Decided to cancel today, maybe next week will be better.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

We had a check out class at BW both sat and sun. so got lots of diving in...both days the ocean was great, almost flat. Sat was a little surgey but sunday was calm. The vis both days sucked. I would call it a very dirty 3' to 4'...we went out to the metridium fields on sunday and the vis did not improve with depth..

Back
Top Bottom