Sunday 11/7 at BW --> "Lost" Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KLJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

After a busy month of paperwork, meetings, and traveling... NP251 and I finally got back in the water this Sunday at Breakwater. While the conditions weren't the best, it was still fantastic. That is until... the unthinkable happened.

On our last dive of the day, our Blue Princeton Tec Shockwave LED Light sprung a leak. No idea why the leak occurred since we hadn't dropped, kicked, or otherwise noted any damage to the light - but there it was. We figured we would bring it home and either fix it ourselves or return it to Princeton. Neil tried to remove the batteries from the light, but couldn't get a firm grip. We were getting concerned since the casing was getting so hot that he couldn't hold it very long and we thought the leak might have extended to the battery compartment and could short out the batteries. Being that we didn't want the light to explode in the car, we left it sitting under my black honda cr-v for literally less than 10 minutes while we changed out of our wetsuits into clothes for the drive home. The light was positioned under the back left tire - far enough back that someone would have had to go underneath the car to get it.

Which is exactly what someone did...

We are hoping that this person took it because they thought we might have accidentally left it by the car... and if you did, could you please return it to us?

Recap:
Blue Princeton Tec Shockwave LED Light
Labeled with "NP" on the handle in black sharpie
Left underneath the back tire of a black honda CR-V on the BW pier
Sunday 11/7 at ~11AM

If you found it, please PM me.

Thank you,

Katie and Neil

Did you check with Glenn's Aquarius? That's where most would turn in found gear.
Good luck!

Thanks. Yes, we did check with Glenn's... but no one had turned it in by the time we had to leave. Hopefully, someone will turn it in there and we can get it back.

Hope it overheats and explodes in the thief's hands. Or, it gets returned.

Sorry to hear about this.

Odds are the flood had ruined it by the time you put it under the car. If it
was getting hot, there was a LOT of current flow (and therefore a lot of
electrolysis) going on.
Yes but Princeton's are warrantied for life.

Bummer I hate thieves.

AWS warranted the wife's light because it flooded. I am sorry to hear about the loss. No telling. Someone saw it and thought it driven over maybe. I found Bose headphones and a ipod under vehicle SF airport $500? Lucky the person had their name in ipod. Some kids on the plane found the owner's info for me. After reading Chuck's recommendation labeling items, even my little flashlight has my phone number.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Yes, we had planned to send it back to Princeton if we couldn't repair it ourselves for the warranty.

If you happen to have/see the light, please turn it in to Glenn's. We'll check in with him this weekend. Thank you!

Princeton covered me with a new light, but you got to return the damaged one...bummer...I hope the thief returns it,,,did you by any chance look in the trash bins close by?

Thanks for your comment. Yes, we checked all the trash cans on the pier and by the grass. No luck.

Still hoping someone turns it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom