Revenge Of The Sandwich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From the St Petersburg Times Fl
Gulf of Mexico 165ft down. " Goliath grouper were all over the place," Mac Mahon said, They heard them before they saw them BOOM BOOM! MacMahon had speared a cobia then a enormous Goliath MacMahon guessed 500 pounds swam out from beneath a rock ledge. Like a gorilla pounding on its chest, it boomed.
As MacMahon grabbed the cobia, the grouper swam uncomfortably close. " It came up from below me. It wanted that cobia, Pretty soon its huge head head was between my fins. I pushed it away with my spear gun. Annoyed it boomed again.
Suddenly, he grabbed me in the middle of my right leg. You know how a dog will shake a rag ?. Thats what he did to me, he shook me like I was a rag".
The goliath spit out MacMahon. Then it came again.
MacMahon had reloaded his spear gun. Its against the law to shoot goliath grouper but MacMahon felt the lowest link on the food chain.
" Im 165 feet down alittle to deep to be messing around with this"
He shot the grouper . As it quivered and spiraled into the great hole in the sea bed. MacMahon headed in the opposite direction.
He bled all over the boat, when it stoped bleeding he was scraped from ankel to above the knee, the diameter of the goliath's maw.
Nobdy said revenge of the grouper sandwich, they dident have to

I dont know I have never had that feeling with them but there again I dont spear fish had the boom boom warning a lot of times.
I was once diving a wreck going along the side with thousands of bait fish sudenly they cleared and I was eye ball to eye ball with a goliath about a foot away I went low he went high and we passed each other not a boom or anything, I think the smell from my pants put him off

cdiver2 once bubbled...
Uncle pug if the answer to your question is yes, do's that make the persone that eats the grouper a cannibal by default:(

Grouper sandwiches... are PEOPLE!

Back
Top Bottom