South from Hurghada any recomendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algego

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone

I am traveling to Egypt for 4 weeks in mid January.
Any ideas of diving and having nice relax time on the shore as well south from Hurghada?

I have been to Sinai (Dahab etc) many times, don't know south of that country and open to make my plans according to a good suggestions since I am traveling by myself.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi there,
Have been to Makadi Bay staying at the Madinat Makadi 30 km south of Hurghada airport, ploughing the seas between Hurghada and Safaga on day boat trips, good diving but can get busy.
Then I have also been to the El Quseir area, 65 km to the north of Marsa Alam airport, great sites and very quiet compared to Hurghada and Sharm, diving here is mainly from shore.
The sea will be rough there in January I am told !

"South of Hurghada" is a huge area and depending how far south you want to go there are plenty to see. Starting with Safaga you have world class dive sites and a relaxed little town. Further south El Queseir is even more relaxed but still has a town centre with some souvenir shops and restaurants and some fairly good dive sites. A bit down south from there you find Marsa Ghaleb (totally Mickey Mouse, Gated Community, purposed built touristy resort area) with high end hotels and a few good dive operators. Next stop south is Hamata with one of the best daily diving areas in the Red Sea (Fury Shoal) and nothing else around than a Mosque, a school, small shop and a bunch of goats. You can have a look at my website WELCOME TO AZIAB for more detailed info on each location and in the next number of the online magazine The Equalizer there will be an article about the daily diving in Fury Shoal.

Hope that helps!

...a...

...I have been to Sinai (Dahab etc) many times...

did you go there around februari? Cause I'm going there this ferbuari for one week and would like some advice/thoughts on diving sites, visibility, weather...

thank you guys, samaka the website you provided is quite impressive. will def take soem of the advises.
if anyone like to share their observation please feel free
thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom