Technical Diving in Dahab, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonas koh tao

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The King of Technical Deep Diving - Dahab, Egypt

I want to share some of the diving experiences I had the last few weeks so more divers out there are going to open up their eyes for the magic diving of Sinai. I been diving in many areas of the world from Australia to Sweden, Maldives to Hawaii, but I must say that the diving I done lately in Dahab (Egypt) beats most. I been doing around 20 technical dives in Dahab on both air (twin tanks, and deco gases) and trimix mixes. The diving is spectacular in the sites I visited, like the Blue hole where I went down on a trimix mix to 60 meters and sat down for a few moments and watch through the famous blue hole arch into the ocean outside the Blue hole. The siluettes of the tuna and other fish swimming on the other side of arch in the dark blue water made it look like a painting. Amazing dive, I also dived the Bells which is a part of the blue hole, just walk 100 meter or so (heavy with technical diving gear, but no problem at all with recreational equipment. The Bells is also a beautiful dive site with amazing corals and marine life. I also recommend the Canyons which you pass if you driving from dahab to the Blue hole. It’s a also a great dive site with lots of corals and an obundance of marine life. Slight current here that maybe stress some beginner divers perhaps, but nothing to worry about if you are streamlined and have a pair of decent fins.
I been working on Koh Tao, Thailand, as a PADI Course director and Technical Diving Instructor Trainer for many years and Koh Tao is the Mecca for recreational diving in the world with some 35000 certified students per. But if Koh Tao is the Queen of recreational diving, then Dahab is the undisputed King of Tech. There are many very qualified technical diving instructors in the area from many different diving organizations, PADI with Tec Rec and TDI seem to dominate the area in technical diving. There is technical diving centers every where , some of course of higher standards than others but the overall standards looked very high! It's also lots of diving retail stores in Dahab, offering all equipment you need as a technical diver. I founded technical diving brands like OMS, DiveRite, Halcyon and more. I got the new Apek's Tec Regulator set which included two DIN valve with some of the best designs for technical diving that I seen.
You don’t have to worry about filling you tanks either, there are plenty of shops who fill tanks with pretty much anything you like including helium, 02, and some even got argon for the drysuits.
I can highly recommend Dahab and Sharm el sheik both in Sinai, Egypt, (I write more about Sharm el sheik later with Thistlegorm and other amazing dive sites), but now it's time to pack the dive bag and try out some of the dive sites in Tel Aviv, Israel where I am now. Diving some wrecks some 20 km outside Tel Aviv.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are interested in technical diving in Dahab or Sharm el sheik (or Koh Tao where I dived and worked for over 10 years), I am there from December to February teaching DSAT and TDI Technical Diving Courses like Tec Rec 50 and TecRec Trimix and also the full range of TDI Technical Courses.
So contact me if you have questions about accommodation, where to find helium, tech diving courses, how do I do if I want to dive private with my buddy and more, I can help you organize all of the above, or if I am busy teaching then at least give some good advice along the road!

Take care and hope to see you in amazing Sinai with its technical diving Mecca's Dahab and Sharm el Sheik.

Jonas Samuelsson, PADI Platinum Course Director/Technical Diving Instructor Trainer
email: jonas@kohtao-idc-group.com,

websites: AWARD WINNING PADI IDC AND TECHNICAL DIVING, internationaldivingcollege.org, AWARD WINNING PADI IDC AND TECHNICAL DIVING

Hi again,

I loved the diving in Dahab, Egypt, so much that i decided to start running trips there. Our technical company Team Blue Immersion is now offering technical courses in Dahab, Egypt year around. So if you are interested in Tech Diving (Tec Rec or TDI) we can now together with our partner Planet Divers Dahab (the ones organizing Nuno Gomez world record dive to 318 meters in 2005) teach all ranges of technical diving course including Tec Rec Deep and Trimix and TDI Extended Range and Advanced Trimix. We are also offering IDCs in Eilat with another partner (U-Dive on Coral Beach) and cavern, cave and ccr diving in Thailand (Koh Tao, Phuket and Khao Sok).

So if you love diving in the Red Sea as much as we do check our site out and come and tech dive with us.

Best wishes for 2011.

Kind regards
Jonas Samuelsson
Member of Team Blue Immersion and Team Fourth Element
teamblueimmersion@gmail.com

www.blue-immersion.org

Last edited:
Hi again,

I loved the diving in Dahab, Egypt, so much that i decided to start running trips there. Our technical company Team Blue Immersion is now offering technical courses in Dahab, Egypt year around. So if you are interested in Tech Diving (Tec Rec or TDI) we can now together with our partner Planet Divers Dahab (the ones organizing Nuno Gomez world record dive to 318 meters in 2005) teach all ranges of technical diving course including Tec Rec Deep and Trimix and TDI Extended Range and Advanced Trimix. We are also offering IDCs in Eilat with another partner (U-Dive on Coral Beach) and cavern, cave and ccr diving in Thailand (Koh Tao, Phuket and Khao Sok).

So if you love diving in the Red Sea as much as we do check our site out and come and tech dive with us.

Best wishes for 2011.

Kind regards
Jonas Samuelsson
Member of Team Blue Immersion and Team Fourth Element
teamblueimmersion@gmail.com

www.blue-immersion.org
www.blue-immersion.org

Back
Top Bottom