Is smoking crack DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, Mozi and Fasal in the Red Sea (AG fanboys to be sure) coined the term "monkey diving". It looks like they're putting it out to the masses without the scooter and the addition of the "Z-trim device" (true monkey divers used scooters and and no wing).

I have to eat my words on that one. This is what I get for not listening to George. I'll be darned if he didn't outline EXACTLY what Andrew has turned UTD into 10 years ago. :(

An aborted 2 headed giraffe. I don't see how this could go wrong.

Because this is clearly a simple, clean, monkey diving configuration that reduces failure points.

O wait...
Clearly stuffing a 7ft hose like RB/SM divers do just wouldn't work for goofing around in 30ft of water, we need to add failure points behind a divers back where they can't reach them....

The problem with monkey diving is that it can be done on existing kit.

Z-diving, on the other hand, gives you an opportunity to buy loads of "UTD-approved" new gear. Ka-ching!

I've been trying not to comment on UTD too much as they don't really have a local presence, but their website and communications have a distinctly infomercial-y feel, which I don't like at all...

//LN

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom