Going to Marsa Alam in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JanR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All,

My family is taking a trip to Egypt this April. Included is five days at Iberotel Coraya Beach Resport. I believe they have an agreement with Coraya Divers. I've looked at their website and they seem OK. But is there a better dive operation in Marsa Alam.

My wife and I are still what I would consider novice divers. I have my Rescue Diver certification, but only about 50 dives. My wife has about 25 dives and AOW. We've lived in Germany for the last two years and this is the first time we have got to go diving.

Not looking for any challenging dives...pretty much want to go blow bubbles and see the pretty fish.

Suggestions? Advise?

Thanks,

Jan

Hi there,
I have not been diving there in the immediate area but 60 km further north around El Quseir. Here is a link to a german dive board/forum with some interesting information. It seems Coraya Divers cater for all the hotel in the Madinat Coraya and some reviewers on here refer to it as a dive factory.
Madinat Coraya Hotels, Accommodation & All Inclusive Holiday Resorts
http://www.taucher.net/edb/Coraya_Divers__Coraya_Beach__Marsa_Alam_b6531.html
If you can't read this and need more detailed information please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks diverLux.

After some research, I think we are going to look at doing the following:
Day 1: Orientation dive and afternoon dive at the house reef.
Day 2: Morning and Afternoon dives with Coraya Divers
Day 3: Full day diving with Emperor Dives
Day 4: Snorkle and hang out with the kids
Day 5: Fly out (thus no diving on day 4)

I've heard mixed results with Coraya Divers, but the convenience is probably going to drive our plans more than most other considerations.

That being said...any other comments/suggestions are most appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom