Lake Superior - Bayfield, Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HydroAuto

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone done diving out of Bayfield? I was recently up there and was shocked to find that there is not a single shop/charter service in the area. You'd think that would be a prime location.. you have lots of water with excellent visibility and plenty of tourists :wink:

The dive charters in that area have gone out of business over the years. You can still find local fishing or sailing charters that will take you out to dive locations. The dive sites are fairly shallow. I have heard reports that the diving is decent. You may want to check with the folks at www.wiscuba.com to see if anyone has dived the apostle islands recently.

I run a charter out of Duluth and am glad to take folks to the Apostle Islands. We also have some great wreck dives near Duluth. I wont advertise by name in this forum but you can respond if you would like more info!!!!!!

Many years ago, my dive buddy and I were on a boat out of Bayfield, the Two Brothers. We stayed on board a couple nights and visited a few spots around the Apostle Islands. It was primitive but a good and memorable time. Everyone aboard was a diver. The first diver down the anchor line would secure the anchor. We took turns staying topside doing anchor watch. I'd like to get up there again.

I run a charter out of Grand Portage, MN to Isle Royale all summer but when the boat goes in the beginning of May and when I bring her back in mid September to the Apostles we run weekend charters to the various wrecks and sea caves. Most of the wrecks are very shallow with the exception of three that are at the technical level. If youd like more info feel free to contact me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom