How Miflex HP ruined my dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ragnar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i use miflex for LP inflator and for drysuit inflation where strain tends to be more of an issue -- but don't use the HPs and don't use miflex on the long hose...

There have been a number of complaints out there about the HP Miflex hoses. The Phantom Kevlar hoses are more flexible than the rubber ones, but aren't shoestring thin, and don't seem to be failing like the Miflex hoses.

Yep, been there myself Ragnar.

4261782164_261814d5ee.jpg

Blew in three places at once. Only had done about 60 dives and hadn't been subjected to any mistreatment.

i use miflex for LP inflator and for drysuit inflation where strain tends to be more of an issue -- but don't use the HPs and don't use miflex on the long hose...

Me too: I use Miflex inflator hoses and back-up reg. On doubles those hoses see much less "strained" using Miflex as compared to rubber.

I also did not like the Miflex as my long hose.

Henrik

Yep, been there myself Ragnar.

I saw that, you've got me beat!.....and after they made some design changes I thought all was well until mine happened. Do you still have your blown hose? Can you take a look at the SPG end and tell me if the fitting is the same as I have posted in my thread from post #1 here? The Phantom hoses seem to be a normal diameter and swage fitting, I'm gonna try one of those.

Me too: I use Miflex inflator hoses and back-up reg. On doubles those hoses see much less "strained" using Miflex as compared to rubber.

I agree, I'm using DS4's on Al80 doubles and the hose routing is much better with braided hoses for the sharp turns of the inflator and back-up.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the info. I will not be investing in any Miflex hoses any time soon!

I don't know why people keep giving milflex a chance.

Epic Fail, end of story.

Just use normal hoses, they work fine, they are cheap, replace them every few years if (big if) the outer covering blisters but long before they fail.

I don't know why people keep giving milflex a chance.

Epic Fail, end of story.

Just use normal hoses, they work fine, they are cheap, replace them every few years if (big if) the outer covering blisters but long before they fail.

I've seen many problems with the Myflex HP hose and wouldn't touch it.

Have there also been failures with the Myflex LP hose? I have one on my backup reg.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom