Hurghada activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matti_owd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
We'll be in Hurghada for a couple of weeks end of this year.
Diving and snorkeling are - naturally - the main thing, but we were pondering what else is there to do?
Is it worth it to take a cab/bus/whatever and go see the surrounding bays, or go snorkel in El Queseir or take a 4x4 safari or ...
Can you who have more experience tell us what has been good, and what is not worth it?
Thanks already
Matti

Hi again,

El Quseir is not worth the long trip for a visit, the distance is about 130 km , it's a Egyptian working town and needs a thorough clean up to say the least. There is no tourist infrastructure worth the name and you would have to be brave to eat or have drink in a local place.
Visit El Gouna, 30 km north of Hurghada, a man made tourist resort. Take a trip to Luxor in the Nile Valley (and even further south to Aswan) to see the ancient sights, check with your hotel what they have on offer, you can do this as a day tour or stay overnight. I haven't done this tour yet.
You know, if this was my trip and given the time you have, I would split my holiday between visiting ancient Egypt and diving.

All the best,

Back
Top Bottom