Salt Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porgyhunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hope I'am in the right forum...I come down around Thanksgiving each year to my Dads house in Daytona and enjoy diving the springs. I really liked Salt Springs out of the way location, but the vis was not as good as other springs. Also I was solo and some old folks told my wife there were 2 big gators in the area the day before. Do you have to worry about these guys?

It depends. If they feel threatened, they will come after the threat. The state had made springs on state property off limits because of gators who have decided to take up residence in those springs. Are you diving in OW or in a cavern?

Only O,W. caves would be neat but really seem to need training,equip,support, etc. Hard enough to get my gear down rent tanks and convince my wife to drive to some god forsaken place so I can dive. Do you know of other springs that don't have rules up the ying-yang? :idk:

Nothing in that area. You can look up Alexander Springs and Troy Springs. They are both great open water springs. What rules are you referring to?

I thought Salt Sprgs was only 9ft deep. You must be talking about the river.

This is Salt Springs that is near Lake George. I thought I found the spring hole but got to 25ft and couldn't see crap. Dove Alexander no prob. solo. Some others you need to regester as a pair etc.:idk:

Back
Top Bottom