what was the hardest in fundies to learn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll likely find as many answers as there are people who took it.

Some people will struggle with the physical tasks. Some will struggle with critical thinking. Others will be challenged with the concept of true team diving.

Team diving. Hardest initially (and trust me, I *wanted* to be a good teammate!) and most important.

How to stay still (really).
Don't sweat it; take the class, have fun, learn some stuff. :D

In class, back kick
Post class, a true 6min 3ft/min ascent from 20ft

I found all those things mentioned above to be difficult. And I didn't truly learn any of them in the class ... what the class provided was the tools for learning. I struggled with and mastered all those skills after the class was over by diving with a good DIR mentor.

What Fundies provides is a starting and ending point ... you'll almost certainly end up with a provisional rating, which means you've grasped the tools sufficiently to go off and master the skills. You'll then need to come back at some point and demonstrate that you've mastered them. What happens in between is hours of work well beyond what the class provides.

People who go into a Fundies class with the goal of a "pass" are rather missing the point ... if you manage to pass on the initial attempt then you probably didn't need the class. The objective is to identify where your weaknesses are and learn how to turn them into strengths ... the rest is up to you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

In class: Timed descents/ascents and back kick.

Post class: Being a better team mate.

Staying neutral at depth while multitasking... or staying neutral without a mask while your buddy is trying to blow a bag and use touch contact to signal up/down to you.

Essentially... the taskloading... each skill in isolation is easily doable. Combined with other skills and the x-factor increases.

Stopping solo diving, which I got, and back kick, which I got later.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom