Need some advice on buying BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V&G

Registered
Reaction score
Crossed this forum but still need some advice on buying BC.
Currently I'm recreational diver bun thinking to learn tech somewhen. With this perspective in a mind, a couple of quistions:
1. SMS100 does it has quick air release valves?
2. After reading an annotation of SMS100 it looks like this setup is all-in-one. It suitable for all "beginner, advanced or technical". Then the question is when I sould NOT look in this setup? What are the limitations of this BC?
3. HD100. As Nick wrote in some thread this is "awesomely rugged" recreational BC. Does it mean that it doesn't suitalbe for tech dives and shouldn't be considered by someone recreational going to extand his skills with tech?
4. ATS vs. BP/W. As I understand, ATS is less universal but on the other side is more handly, simpler is use and chipper setup. Please, correct me if I wrong. So, when can I content oneself with ATS and what kind of tasks it wouldn't be suitable for?

Thanx in anvance for your tips!

Thanks for your questions - see the replies below.

Crossed this forum but still need some advice on buying BC.
Currently I'm recreational diver bun thinking to learn tech somewhen. With this perspective in a mind, a couple of quistions:
1. SMS100 does it has quick air release valves?
Yes, this kit has a quick dump valve on the lower left side of the wing.
2. After reading an annotation of SMS100 it looks like this setup is all-in-one. It suitable for all "beginner, advanced or technical". Then the question is when I should NOT look in this setup? What are the limitations of this BC?
The SMS kit was designed as a sidemount BC, however should the user decide to dive backmounted singles or twins, it is an option. It offers more flexibility when traveling and or when funds for a dive locker of gear aren't available :D. If the user never intends on diving sidemount, we have other products that would accomodate.
3. HD100. As Nick wrote in some thread this is "awesomely rugged" recreational BC. Does it mean that it doesn't suitalbe for tech dives and shouldn't be considered by someone recreational going to extand his skills with tech? The HD100 as described "recreational" means it is capable for Rec and Advanced Rec single tank dives only. For advancing to tech and diving backmounted twin cylinders , you would be better suited in our backplate/wing systems.
4. ATS vs. BP/W. As I understand, ATS is less universal but on the other side is more handly, simpler is use and chipper setup. Please, correct me if I wrong. So, when can I content oneself with ATS and what kind of tasks it wouldn't be suitable for? Similar to the HD100, the ATS is also designed as a recreational product which means it is not suitable for twins. If your focus is primarily single tank diving with or without a deco bottle, either one of these would be adequate. They also support a drysuit inflation system, misc accessories and extra weight for colder water dives.

Hope that helps. :wink:

Thanx in anvance for your tips!

Where is a good place to get the HD100 for a great price? How would warranty issues be taken care of when ordering online? That online company?

Is there going to be a jacket style BCD in the future?

What BCD's of yours are going to be discontinued? I heard the ATS was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom