Stolen/Mistaken Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

copterbrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this wonderful site and have to ask everyone for a favor under unfortunate circumstances. On Sunday, August 31st 2003 at Alexander Springs in Ocala, Florida my brother's rental gear was stolen or taken by mistake. The gear was rented from Spruce Creek Scuba in Port Orange, Florida....All of the gear and wetsuit has SCS written on it. The cylinder is a bright yellow AL80 with Nitrox and VIP stickers (VIP sticker has Spruce Creek Scuba's Phone #) Reg set is a fairly new Oceanic, wetsuit is a 2 piece (blue & black) O'Neill. I'm unsure of the make of the BCD. If anyone has information please contact me @ 386-846-5542 or Spruce Creek Scuba @ 386-767-1727. REWARD OFFERED/NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This was only his 3rd dive trip and is very discouraged about the sport. Please help if you can :)

Unfortunately, there are many kinds of folks in all sports...

Out of curiousity, what were the circumstances? He must have left the gear unattended for a period of time...and his buddy wasn't around...

Good luck!

Hello again,
Being labor day weekend, we couldn't find good parking. He decided to take his gear half-way there and drive the car to the concession area to load it up. While making a trip back to the water, the gear was left unattended for a total of 5-7 mins. but apparently was long enough :wink: I am hoping that someone just picked it up by mistake...even though unlikely, I still would like to think people are generally good. Thank you for your quick responses & support

yes, no one saw anything...the kicker is the manager told me that the security guard usually stands there by the concession area but he hadn't been seen for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom