Egypt in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all,

I am wondering about a trip to egypt somewhere in january. I am looking for a nice location for a week holiday with medium luxury, first class diving and hot, really hot weather. We are going with one DM and someone who wants to do his OW

What is generally the best location to go this time of the year? Does it matter or is it pretty much all the same all year around? We fly from holland and don't want to spend to much time travelling once arrived (we dont mind a few hours travelling but nothing crazy)

think this is my third topic hre but finally I ahve the funds :D

HOT weather in januari, in Egypt ???
Think you need to think way more south,
Egypt has a COLD northerly wind that time of year.
:cold:

300bar you stole the words right out of my mouth!

sonar - it's cold here in January. The water temperature is not at it's lowest but you can expect between 20 and 24 degress in the water that time of year. In sharm it gets cold enough in the evening that you can see your breath frosting (no, not joking!) and the wind howling down from the north is the icing on everybody's - er - frozen cake.

Yes during the day, particularly in the afternoon when the wind often dies down it gets "hot", if you are coming from the frozen wastelands of europe, and "pleasantly warm" if you live here, but if you want hot, you're really not going to get it here, sorry :-(

C.

ah too bad. When does the 23 degrees and up season start? and whats divewise genererally considered the best season?

For Egypt, when you don't like To HOT, my option would be, late may,early june.
Still low season, aka cheap, and not to hot, around 30C with a nice seabreeze.
Like it HOT, go end july or august 40C+ EASY :D

Back
Top Bottom