MX day 2: 30 second trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
2 days, 3 flat tires. Car tire LP inflator attachment would have been useful. Did a couple of C1 dives yesterday in Mayan Blue, and did a nearly 2 hour dive in Chan Hol today. The remains have been removed (or at least removed enough so that there's nothing recognizable left to the untrained eye). Lynne got a nice map of the system from the landowner.

There's a Chedraui going up right across the road in PA, which will be convenient for future trips.

Kathydee also got signed up for a C1 course so there should be a new course report soon... =)

2 days, 3 flat tires.
Do you suggest enhancing trip-kit with tire patches? I heard that weather was OK. Any significant weather changes in following days? I slowly packing my gear for next week :cool2:

Day 3 was pretty short for me. Drove to Pet Cemetary, paid our fees (250 pesos now), and I threw up in the parking lot and turned the dive right there.

Do you suggest enhancing trip-kit with tire patches?

There's a place in Tulum on the right hand side right as you go in just a short bit past the taxi place (before the road to coba) where they do tires cheaply. I'd just get the tire to them and they'd take care of patching it for you. They're also good at beating rims back into shape.

The problem that you need to solve is getting your spare changed out (can be an issue if the bolts holding the tire under the car are frozen, or the jack in the car really sucks), and possibly getting some air back in a tire to deal with a slow leak. We had two flats yesterday that just needed to throw some air into the tires so we could get back out (and one of them we just drove out on the half-flat tire and it survived the trip back to the highway).

I heard that weather was OK. Any significant weather changes in following days? I slowly packing my gear for next week :cool2:

Weather has been fine. Last night it dumped quite a bit at times, but nothing continuous. Temperature is pretty moderate. No mosquitos at all so far -- I bought 2 cans of Autan and haven't used any of them, and I must be some kind of mosquito whisperer because they normally love me... If they're not finding me, they're just not there...

Kathydee also got signed up for a C1 course so there should be a new course report soon... =)

Survived the course & had fun. Just crawled out of bed after a 12 hours comma :). More later.

found the 4' croc in carwash and the chamber of the ancients with jen today.

Weather was GORGEOUS! Lows in the 70s, highs in the mid 80s, mildly humid, almost always a breeze. NO BUGS, not anywhere, not even at Jailhouse. It did rain a bit, mostly at night, but we only got caught in a shower once, at Chan Hol.

There are not many people around. The only place we saw many other folks was at Dos Ojos; even Grand Cenote was quiet, with almost no cavern divers or snorkelers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom