Seadoo Explorer Battery Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ekoast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a used Seadoo Explorer from Scuba.com and only used it about 4 times. At it's best, I could get around 45 minutes of non-continuous use out of the battery. When not in use, I followed all of the precautions regarding storage and re-charging.

As of last week, the battery only charges for four hours and only lasts for about 10 minutes under full load. (Testing in the bathtub, I'm not gearing up and dragging it into open water for 10 minutes of run time.)

Most every thread I have read or precaution from the manufacturer states not to repair the battery, but to buy an entire new unit. This seems to me to be an incredible waste. The housing and circuit board seem to be fine. Has anyone been successful in replacing the 12v lead acid battery alone?

It is not under warranty, so I don't think I have anything to loose. I'm fairly handy with electronics if I know what I'm looking for. Unless this is a safety issue, I'm inclined to try. If anyone has done this successfully in the past, please let me know how you did it.

Pardon if this thread is a repeat, but I could not find a thread that answers this question directly.

Thanks in advance.

I bought a used Seadoo Explorer from Scuba.com and only used it about 4 times. At it's best, I could get around 45 minutes of non-continuous use out of the battery. When not in use, I followed all of the precautions regarding storage and re-charging.

As of last week, the battery only charges for four hours and only lasts for about 10 minutes under full load. (Testing in the bathtub, I'm not gearing up and dragging it into open water for 10 minutes of run time.)

Most every thread I have read or precaution from the manufacturer states not to repair the battery, but to buy an entire new unit. This seems to me to be an incredible waste. The housing and circuit board seem to be fine. Has anyone been successful in replacing the 12v lead acid battery alone?

It is not under warranty, so I don't think I have anything to loose. I'm fairly handy with electronics if I know what I'm looking for. Unless this is a safety issue, I'm inclined to try. If anyone has done this successfully in the past, please let me know how you did it.

Pardon if this thread is a repeat, but I could not find a thread that answers this question directly.

Thanks in advance.

It seems like a waste but the reality is it will cost at least the amount of a new Explorer battery to have your old one rebuilt, though you could get a quote from your local battery retailer. Least expensive online: Sea Doo Explorer Battery

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I was getting a new battery for my truck a month ago and went to Interstate Batteries. In what they call their "All Battery" centers they have a repair and rebuild facility, I think their business model is to rebuild packs for things like power tools. I spoke to them to see if they had the capability to fix and repair X-Scooter batteries and it looked like they did.

It might be worth an hour or two taking it to one of these battery centers and see if they could repack it for you.

All Battery Centers | Interstate Batteries System of America Inc.

I actually had to send a SeaDoo battery in as it was doing the same thing. SeaDoo was awesome in responding and fixing the battery; though that was under warranty.

I'm going to be selling 2 of my SeaDoo Explorer X (new models) and I do have an extra battery for each of them. If whoever buys either of the scooters and doesn't want the extra battery, I would be more than willing to help you out. PM me if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom