Dive Master course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJisthe1

Reaction score
I just finished my skill sessions in the pool along with the LONG swims and finding out that I must have some duck in my bloodline somewhere if I can tread water for THAT freaking long!! All I have left to do now is my practicals with an open water class!! WOO-HOO!!! watch out secret society of proffesional divers forum, HERE I COME!!!!:cheers:

Congrats TJisthe1! :clapping: Sounds like you're close to the finish line.

I'm jealous - I'm just starting the certification. Wanna trade places??? :wink:

Tread water was the easy part for me, float on your back for 13 minutes whilst trying not to let boredom set in then tread water for two minutes easy.

Hard part for me was snorkel swim as i used some old boots and fins i had not used for years (my force fins arent good for snorkeling) and i had to stop after every length to rezip my boots as they had opened up and acted like a brake Arrrgh.

Good luck with the students

totalangel once bubbled...

Which shop?

James Goddard once bubbled...

Which shop?

Inner World. Done all my training with them.

MAke sure you ask to learn the secret handshake and get the decoder ring. It's wayyyy important! *wink*

TJisthe1 once bubbled...
I just finished my skill sessions in the pool along with the LONG swims and finding out that I must have some duck in my bloodline somewhere if I can tread water for THAT freaking long!! All I have left to do now is my practicals with an open water class!! WOO-HOO!!! watch out secret society of proffesional divers forum, HERE I COME!!!!:cheers:

You're going to have a blast! Trust me.

GQMedic once bubbled...
You're going to have a blast! Trust me.

Thanks for the boost. I am looking forward to it - dive instructor was my plan the moment I started diving. I'm just not a very patient girl - want to be at the goal already! :wink:

Note to self...enjoy the journey - don't rush to the destination - most of the fun occurs along the way... :)

Way to go! Buddy and I are just starting our DM class. Good luck and have fun!
Marty

TJisthe1 --

Good for you!

Some of my best memories are when I first started working as a DM assisting instructors. fwiw -- I spent a lot of time helping Cromer with his "remedial" student classes. He was the shop instructor who took care of all the divers who were having trouble with various skills. I learned more about good teaching and patience from Cromer than I did anywhere else.

<snip>
Note to self...enjoy the journey - don't rush to the destination - most of the fun occurs along the way... :)

TotalAngel -- excellent note to self.

I used to dive with with a guy named "Joe" -- he dove twin 95cu ft steel tanks at what seemed like 80mph over the sand. It always seemed like his goal on every dive was to see how much ground he could cover before he ran out of air. I don't think I ever saw him stop and look at anything and he never could understand why his air consumption was so bad. It always struck me as such a waste.

Take your time. You have to pause and look into the cracks and crevices to find the treasures. Enjoy the journey!

PS: Lace and a pickup truck and a diver to boot. You might actually be the perfect woman ~grin~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom