Web Site for sea temperature around Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hillmorton Scubie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been looking for a web site that gives the latest sea water temperatures around Sharm - but can't find it. (Do you know of one)
We come over to Sharm several times each year and don't wish to continue to both pay extra aircraft baggage allowance for exposure protection we don't even use.
We have the guideline temperatures for each month but in reality find that they are often way out from the actual computer reading. For instance - I know that the weather has been warmer than usual for the last month and so would expect the water temperature to be warmer than the quoted average for November of 23C. (Is this the case). Thank you.:confused:

Still got 27 - 29 degrees in Sharm at the moment. I don't think there is any website that can give an immediate prediction because it's all so - er - unpredictable.

Best way is to post on here, I reckon! :D

Cheers

C.

Thanks for replys. I wasn't looking for predictons.
I was hoping to find a website that reported and updated the actual sea water temperature. Then the day before the flight over, I could look and decide what exposure protection to bring based on the latest readings.
I must say that the sea at 27c-29c this late in the year is surprisingly warm and if we were flying tomorrow (we aren't) I would only pack a 3 mil long wetsuit. Thanks again.

as of today the water temperature was 29 degrees in na'ama bay; 27 in Tiran and depending on where you are, still up to 29 in Ras Mohamed. This is from my colleagues; I am having a well earned day off!

Most of those who work here are still diving in wetsuits - some still in shorts and a rash vest, although out on the boat some exposure protections is required - more because of the cold wind when you get out than the water temperature!

It is surprisingly warm - and it can drop very rapidly - will keep you posted when I get back in the water (monday). Europe is frozen, Red Sea is warm... I love it here! :D

C.

I was diving around Sharm El Sheikh in late October and the temps were between 28 -30 C in Na'ama Bay, Shark's Bay, Near Garden, and Ras Mohammed.

I have heard of this cold wind on the boats when you get out, even in October, and I didn't feel any! None!! I was very comfortable in a full 3mm wetsuit, and many people wore skins. I don't think I would ever take anything thicker than a 3 mm full wetsuit at any time around Sharm El Sheikh. YMMV.

Thanks CROWLEY - Thats useful information for us and our group. We are back in Sharm in just over 2 weeks time so hopefully the water retains its summer heat a while longer. Yes -It's bloody freezing here in the UK. Thanks again.

I was diving around Sharm El Sheikh in late October and the temps were between 28 -30 C in Na'ama Bay, Shark's Bay, Near Garden, and Ras Mohammed.

I have heard of this cold wind on the boats when you get out, even in October, and I didn't feel any! None!! I was very comfortable in a full 3mm wetsuit, and many people wore skins. I don't think I would ever take anything thicker than a 3 mm full wetsuit at any time around Sharm El Sheikh. YMMV.

You got lucky with the wind - and you didn't apparently visit Tiran...!

Also - come here in late february / march - the temperature has been known to drop to less than 20 degrees (minimum 22 last year). Some people will wear shorties, but these people are either really crazy, or diving with a super cheap dive centre!

Hillmorton - just post on here a couple of days before you leave I'll try to provide you with current temps.

Cheers

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom