Has anyone dove the Destin Jetties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlaineAtk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have dove the jetties a few times but only the shallower parts. At the end of the western jetty there is a deep (I am assuming) hole. I have been wanting to go check it out with a buddy so I stopped at the local dive shop to ask about the dive. I asked about how deep was the hole and what, if anything is in it. All I got out of the guy behind the desk was that I shouldn't dive it, he doesn't know how deep it is but it is a very dangerous dive???? Well, if any of you happen to have dove it and have any information please let me know. I don't want to not take his advice and go dive it but once he told me nothing about it, it really sparked my interest and I have been wanting to dive the spot soooo bad! Haha I know the current is kinda strong by the jetties when the tide is moving but on a slack tide I just cant imagine what could be so bad about it.

Yea, that is the problem I am having. Everyone seems to dive the eastern jetty. I really wanna know whats down there out of curiosity. I don't want to get in over my head if it is really dangerous. I have dove around that hole many times so I don't really see what could be that bad given there isn't a huge sea monster hanging out lol. Oh well maybe someone has done it and I will run across them!

There is a reason many of us dive the East jetty most of the time. The location, formation of the rocks, and boat traffic make the East Jetty a much better dive. I have dove the West jetty. I am really not to sure what "deep hole" you are speaking of? The current and other factors sometimes wash places out, but I thought the West jetty was a pretty boring dive. Since you have dove it many times I assume you are diving from a boat? Have you ever used a depth finder to see how deep this hole is? Is the hole you want to dive right on the end of the jetty?

Yea, that is the problem I am having. Everyone seems to dive the eastern jetty. I really wanna know whats down there out of curiosity. I don't want to get in over my head if it is really dangerous. I have dove around that hole many times so I don't really see what could be that bad given there isn't a huge sea monster hanging out lol. Oh well maybe someone has done it and I will run across them!

Back
Top Bottom