Aqua Star Scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wakendive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aqua Star USA – Welcome to AquaStar Scooters

Aqua Star’s sea scooters (Models AS1 and AS2) were created to provide the scuba diving experience to virtually anyone – without any of the rigors required by the typical diving experience. No certification, no cumbersome attached gear, and no experience required.

Interesting, but what happens when people start bumping into reefs or going deeper than intended. In my opinion, this is a good idea for expert divers, but a terrible one for the general public.

Stuart Cove's does something similar. Stuart Cove's Sub Bahamas Adventure

And I've seen them somewhere else - St. Thomas maybe...

The ones I saw were tethered to a buoy that kept them above the reef.
Do Aqua Star Scooters have additional safety measures?

Aqua Star Scooters are equipped with 2 safety hook connections that can be used for position and distance limitation control. For distance control the scooter is tethered to the surface vessel and for position control a measured length buoy is attached allowing your position and depth to be monitored by the surface vessel. (We recommend you always use a safety length rope attached to a red buoy and maintain observance by the surface vessel – we wouldn’t want you to end up on another continent).

What should I be aware of when operating my scooter?

Before driving your scooter know the waters you are in. Be aware of sea currents and the sea floor typography (we wouldn’t want you driving your scooter into rocks or damaging coral reefs – it is your new toy!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom