Question about the H-160 DPV hull

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was looking through Net Doc's pictures of DEMA (wish I could have gone). In 1 picture he had a shot of one of your scooters you had on display. It looked to have clasps (clips) holding the hull to the motor compartment. Just curious why Hollis seems to be going away from the screw- on hull. Is there a problem with the screw- on design? Other than the head light getting some condensation in it about a month after I got the scooter, I've not had any other problems at all & have been thrilled with the operation of mine! I will say also that when I did have that condensation problem, I sent the head light assembly back to Hollis & you guys had another assembly back to me in no time! Kudos to the customer service, there!

Last edited:
I was looking through Net Doc's pictures of DEMA (wish I could have gone). In 1 picture he had a shot of one of your scooters you had on display. It looked to have clasps (clips) holding the hull to the motor compartment. Just curious why Hollis seems to be going away from the screw- on hull. Is there a problem with the screw- on design? Other than the head light getting some condensation in it about a month after I got the scooter, I've not had any other problems at all & have been thrilled with the operation of mine! I will say also that when I did have that condensation problem, I sent the head light assembly back to Hollis & you guys had another assembly back to me in no time! Kudos to the customer service, there!

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the kind words.

The images you saw are of our new H320 which has not yet been publicly released. However regarding this latch design vs. threaded nose cone, it was primarily cost. The H160 latch design provides a clean and simple attachment of the body to the lower assembly. Going to a latch design allowed us to lower the cost when adding our new lithium battery and new motor thus providing a more cost friendly unit to the consumer for such a high end unit.

Don't worry, we still love the H160 and it will be in our line for years to come :D

Best Regards,

BTW Nick,

I looking forward to upgrade my 2 H-160 to lithium next year. is there gonna be an upgrade kit for the H-160 or I will have to sell my H-160 and get the new h-320???

so far I really like how the H-160 handle the current in the st-lawrence river. gotta say that scooter deserve the price for best "jack-of-all-trade" scooter: it's light and small enough to be launch from a boat, very good maniability for a mid size, powerful enough to go against the current in a river, still it's doesn't beat the magnus 950 or the cuda 650 for speed and range but is definitely easier to carry and take less room in the SUV. the headlight is one of the best feature I found.

Back
Top Bottom